Friday, April 18, 2008

Off to NY ComicCon

Not that I’m complaining about being able to hang out with tons of cool people and claim to be “working” but, it figures that I’ll be stuck inside a giant overly air-conditioned box during the first weekend New York can truly call Spring. It reminded me that Steve Erikson, Cam Esslemont, and I came up with the idea for CampCon during a (too) late night of drinking at World Fantasy last year. We want to replace the same ole’ panel discussions with potato-sack races and archery. (Ok, so Steve and Cam were thinking more along the lines of insane free climbs, but compromises can be reached.) We just need to find a summer camp owner up for making a viable bid for World Con....Anyone?

3 comments:

mordicai said...

i think i totally saw you tonight as the con was ending-- my friend talked about page layouts in "i am legend" & i tried to suss out if you was you.

Irene Gallo said...

I was me, totally. You are the seller and Gene Wolfe and/or orb books?

mordicai said...

That was me! I was trying to remember if I'd seen your picture or if I was just under pattern recognition fallacy, seeing what I expected to see with no real evidence. Yeah, I manage a Shakespeare & Co. at the moment.