Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Spectrum 13

Spectrum 13 is out on the stands and it's bigger and better than ever - great paintings from the people we expect to look forward to and a lot of new names...or at least, new to me. It's longer and has more full-page images than in past editions...I say this every year but, this really is the best one yet.

I attempted to start naming particular pieces but the list got too long. I am happy to say that Tor has 18 pieces in the book category. Along with the artwork there is Arnie Fenner's "year in review" and essays on Katrina, the Spectrum Exhibition (more on that soon), Byron Priess, and this year's Grand Master award winner, Jeff Jones.

Congrats to every one in the book. I've been on the Jury twice in the past and I know it is tough competition so, hats off and three cheers! Special congrats to Michael Deas for his silver award on our Richard Matheson novel, Earthbound. (Which also garnered a Society of Illustrators gold medal.)


Everyone with an interest in science fiction and fantasy should run out and get a copy. Nothing will keep you better informed to what is happening in the field's artwork better than the Spectrum
annuals.

Photo: Book gold and silver awards, Jon Foster and Michael Deas. Editorial gold and silver awards, William Stout and Yuko Shimizu.

6 comments:

Arkady Roytman said...

I love that Michael Deas painting. I can't believe he cut the painting just for you, Irene. Also love the way you cropped it for the cover.

Irene Gallo said...

Well, he didn't cut the painting in half for me, per se...He just liked the cropping I did on the book so he cut the actual painting down for himself. Crazy! Michael didn't seem to think it was a big deal but I was really nervous for him.

Shelly Wan said...

Hooooooorayyyyyy!!! I was just thinking how Jeffery Jones is So great!! I am very happy that he gets the award he so deserves!! ^0^!!!

Anonymous said...

You know ,I have some flyff penya , and my friend also has some
flyff money, do you kouw they have the same meaning, Both of them can be called
flyff gold,I just want to buy some
buy flyff penya, because there are many
cheap penya.
You know ,I have some
maple mesos, and my friend also has some
mesos, do you kouw they have the same meaning, they are called
maple story mesos, I just want to buy
maplestory mesos, because there are many
cheap mesos

Anonymous said...

As a new player , you may need some game guides or information to enhance yourself.
requiem gold is one of the hardest theme for every class at the beginning . You must have a good way to manage your requiem lant.If yor are a lucky guy ,you can earn so many requiem money by yourself . But if you are a not , I just find a nice way to get cheap requiem lant. If you need , you can buy requiem online gold at our website . Go to the related page and check the detailed information . Once you have any question , you can connect our customer service at any time .

Making knight gold is the old question : Honestly there is no fast way to make lots of knight noah . Sadly enough a lot of the people that all of a sudden come to with millions of knight online gold almost overnight probably duped . Although there are a lot of ways to make lots of knight online noah here I will tell you all of the ways that I know and what I do to buycheap knight gold.

Anonymous said...

Once I played GuildWars, I did not know how to get strong, someone told me that you must have gw gold. He gave me some GuildWars Gold, he said that I could buy Guild Wars Gold, but I did not have money, then I played it all my spare time. From then on, I got some GuildWars money, if I did not continue to play it, I can sell cheap gw gold to anyone who want.

Once I played habbo, I did not know how to get strong, someone told me that you must have habbo credits. He gave me some habbo gold, he said that I could buy habbo gold, but I did not have money, then I played it all my spare time. From then on, I got some habbo coins, if I did not continue to play it, I can sell cheap habbo credits to anyone who want.