Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Some book covers featuring techno geekery, contemporary Shakespearean fantasy, and zombie-zeppelin-steampunk fiction.

I don't seem to be able to get to any real post writing. I hope to soon, but in the meantime I can show off some pretty covers for upcoming Fall books. This is the gray suite.

Makers by Cory Doctorow
Design by Peter Lutjen

Prospero Lost by L. Jagi Lamplighter
Art by Sam Weber, design by Jamie Stafford-Hill

Boneshaker by Cherie Priest
Art by Jon Foster, design by Jamie Stafford-Hill

10 comments:

Eric Braddock said...

Wow.. I love these so much. All of them are beautiful for their separate reasons, what a great bunch. Thanks for sharing. If this is the gray suite, will there be more bunches to follow with different color themes..?

mark@storybird.com said...

They're all beautifully AD'd, but the typography and flourishes on Boneshaker really stand out. Kudos to the designers and illustrators.

ces said...

Makers is my choice - don't care for the other 2.

Saskia said...

Both Jon Foster's and Sam Weber's artworks are instantly recognisable :) Love 'em.

Frame Theory said...

Props to Jon Foster for putting it down! And Sam Weber. But Foster really ripped it on this one. I love that guy.

Mihai A. said...

Jon Foster is one of the best. He has done another amazing cover and artwork. Lovely :)

Carl V. Anderson said...

I said in the post above that I loved the Jon Foster cover, but I have to include here that Sam Weber's cover for Prospero Lost is amazing. Another book I would buy simply to own that cover image.

bill said...

if we're doing the smackdown thing here i'll go with Weber. one of those rare things which defy analogy to me. just hits a note and is achingly beautiful.

Tom Scholes said...

Ohhhhhh I knew there was a reason I liked that last one <3

Lara said...

WOW. That last cover is stunning. They are all amazing, but I am in love with the last one especially! Thanks for showing us!