Saturday, August 22, 2009

Peter de Seve is a bloggin'

Peter de Seve has started a blog. This is a good news -- few people have the easy charm that Peter has, either in person or on the page. He's started off by showing some Ice Age sketches and talking about two upcoming books:

A Sketchy Past, the Art of Peter de Seve -- "I've come to think of A Sketchy Past, only half jokingly, as the "End of Part One" of my artistic life. Fifty years is a long time for one chapter, but perhaps, if I can put all of this work behind me, I'll be more open to bigger and more challenging artistic opportunities in the next fifty years. On the other hand, I might just curl up in a ball with a bottle in my fist and pore over the book every night, wondering whether I'll ever be able to draw again."

And a children's book collaboration between Peter and his writer wife Randall, The Duchess of Whimsy -- "a quirky love story about the Earl of Norm, a very plain and simple man who adores the Duchess of Whimsy, a beautiful and eccentric royal who has no patience for the ordinary."

(Also be the first to know -- Peter will be hosting a "Blue Sky / Ice Age" panel at the Society of Illustrators next month. Details very soon.)

10 comments:

Parka said...

I had the opportunity of meeting him at San Diego Comic Con 09. It was pretty cool. Managed to buy his sketchbook there.

Should be getting A Sketch Past as well.

Amy Sisson said...

I don't find either of these books listed on Amazon. Are they only available direct? That's OK, if the case -- but from where?

Irene Gallo said...

Sorry. I should have said-- I believe both books are due out late October.

Whimsy is available as preorder on Amazon and then likely to be in most bookstores.

Sketchy will be available through Bud Plant, Stuart Ing, and specailty shops. I'm not sure if you can preorder it. I'll try to give another heads-up when it's out.

capprotti said...

Thaaaaaaaaaaaank you for the heads up! Love Peter's work!

Eric Braddock said...

Oh my god yes. It IS good news to see that he has a blog up and running now. It's funny, I met Peter at the Editorial Show, surprisingly tall guy. I admit, I did not expect that after seeing and knowing all of his awesomely adorable little characters. Thanks for the heads up!

ces said...

Definitely whimsical!

And wonderful blog!

bill said...

i wish he could draw though. seriously, great anytime we get to see more.

WilsonW said...

Thanks for the heads up Miss Gallo!! I can't wait to dig in to what he has to offer!!

-Wilson

Nevena Nikolcheva NEN said...

coooooooooool !

Anonymous said...

Such wonderful news!