Tuesday, December 15, 2009

ArtOrder challenge winners.

I was honored to be a judge for Jon Schindehette’s Hurakan book cover ArtOrder challenge. The winners have been announced, you can check out what the full panel of judges had to say here: Hurakan Challenge.

We had some tough choices to make. I was grateful for Jon’s system of picking 5 (although I cheated and picked 6) winners and commenting on them. Picking “a winner” adds excitement to the event, no doubt, but the real fun is forcing yourself to articulate what is working and what has potential. Congrats to everyone that entered.

4 comments:

By Scott Flanders said...

Thank you for offering your insight and encouragement on the challenge Ms. Gallo, I really appreciate it :)

Sean Sullivan said...

Thank you, Irene, for taking time out of your busy day to not only judge the ArtOrder challenge but to offer helpful critiques. I learned a lot from your comments on the different entries (the same way I learn a lot from your blog--I'm a big fan!).

And congrats to you, Scott. I really liked your storm-lit god.

Chris Johnston said...

Thanks Irene, for your comments on my Hurukan book cover submission, it made my day.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the time and energy you donated to the cause Irene. I was honored to have you participate, and I know a lot of folks were really excited about your involvement.

Thanks again!