Sunday, April 04, 2010

Allen Williams’ MicroVisions

Allen Williams just emailed me his contribution for the MicroVisions auction. And now I am getting very excited about this mini-exhibit.

Allen created the painting voted “Most Likely to be Stolen by Irene” at the first Illustration Master Class. I love his ability to know just when to push and pull edges — creating images that are both detailed and highly ethereal. He’s one of those painters that I wish I could step into their eyes and see the world as they see it.

Allen has been writing (damn, overachiever ;-) and illustrating a series of kids book for Little Brown, due out next fall. I’ve seen bits of pieces of the drawings and they look amazing. His blog, I just Draw, shows a few sneak-peaks.

8 comments:

bill said...

Thank goodness there's someone else to talk to at the party. Wonderful piece!

Greg Manchess said...

Superb! Both are killer pieces! Doggone early risers....

Travis Lewis said...

I've seen what's behind Allens eyes and trust me you don't want to know.

Good luck with the auction!

Mike Lawrence said...

Irene, you constantly introduce me to artists to envy, thank you...I think.

Irene Gallo said...

It's all inspiration! ;-)

Mike Lawrence said...

Yes, it is. You've inspired me to put down my BLT and get back to my drawing.

Irene Gallo said...

Ha! And its after 4:00 and I haven't eaten lunch yet so now you've inspired to do so...before I get all low-blood-sugar cranky-pants. The power of art!

Allen Williams said...

bill,Thanks and your piece is so beautifully enigmatic. And I guess since we're the only ones here so far we get all the cheese and wine!

Greg...early? I don't go to bed until sunrise(and thanks)!

Travis...we both know there's nothing but tree bark and twisted bone in my head.

Mike, her blog has the same effect on me.

Irene, thanks so much for the kind words and for putting this mini show together. I'm very happy to help.