Saturday, April 03, 2010

Bill Carman’s MicroVisions

Bill Carman gets the gold star for being the first artists done with their MicroVision. Hurray. And he has set the bar high.

Thank you, Bill!

I love that his paintings suggest some kind of strange narrative but are never spelled out. Instead, the we are left playfully wondering, what on earth is going on there.

I haven’t sen the original yet but he’s tells me it is painted on copper — I can’t wait to get a hold of it, if only for a short while.

This painting, and a dozen others, will be up for auction in early May. More about this year’s MicroVisions auction here.

RELATED:
Interview with Bill Carman here.

7 comments:

bill said...

Wow, do I feel like a rah rah brown-noser. It's like being the first to a party.

Irene Gallo said...

Yes, but the people that throw parties are _sooo_ thankful for the ones that show-up first.

:-)

I'll have Allen Williams' up in an hour or two. It's another greart one.

Kate F said...

that image is awesome! I can't wait to see it in person.

Bruce Jensen said...

Wow!! very nice Bill. I love it :-)

Cory Godbey said...

Bill's my hero!

bill said...

Warm and fuzzy Cory. You're mine too.

Unknown said...

Bill I realize that yours was the gem like pic I so admired at the Spectrum show (made into a postcard as well!). I've been fan since that day forward.