Wednesday, July 26, 2006

Art Out Loud: Painting Demos

Daniel Dos Santos and I have been hosting as series of painting demos held at the Society of Illustrators called Art Out Loud. Or next two events are scheduled for this Fall.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Two fantasy/science fiction artists with similar sensibilities yet very different mediums. Oil painter Donato Giancola and digital painter Todd Lockwood
Saturday, October 7th • Noon - 4:00
$25.00 students & SoI Members • $35.00 non-members

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Three Hamilton King Award-winners, each with a very distinctive style from one another. Jame Bennett, Gary Kelley, Greg Manchess
Saturday, November 11th • Noon - 4:00
$25.00 students & SoI Members • $35.00 non-members

Both events will be held at:
Society of Illustrators
128 East 63rd Street, New York, NY 10021

For tickets contact: 212.838.2560 • info@societyillustrators.org
Space is limited - past events have sold out!

6 comments:

Irene Gallo said...

Thanks for the heads up. I think i got it now.

Janet said...

I will so very be there.
Interning there, in the fall...

Irene Gallo said...

Hey Janet,

Do you happen to be the Janet B. that I know?

Either way, Youll have fun at the Society. The fall should be a good time. The Original Art Show (aka The Children's Book Show) opens in November. That is definitely a highlight of the year.

Irene

Tracy Flynn Art said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Tracy Flynn Art said...

Any chances of a traveling Out Out loud.....like Art Out(mid)West.......Indianapolis?????? Would love to see Manchess do his thang!

Tracy

Irene Gallo said...

Hi Tracy,

I’ve often been asked if I could bring Art Out Loud to various cities. I’m afraid that, since _I_ live in NY, I tend to plan NY events. Also, my connection to the Society of Illustrators makes it an easy set-up.

I’m happy to say that there is a bookstore owner in British Columbia trying to so something similar. He asked me a bunch of questions during ComicCon. If he get’s it up and running, I’ll be sure to post a link here.

As for the rest of you....Find a venue that will let you in for cheap and invite the best artist’s within a few hour’s drive to come and paint. It actually IS that simple. (Well, you’ll need an easel or two, as well.) Most artists work in their homes by themselves all day. They usually jump at the chance to interact with other artists and students.

As for Greg in particular, he’s often visiting schools to do demos. If he’s ever in the mid-west, I’ll post it here.

Irene