Wednesday, September 27, 2006

Cowan and the Gramstand

This morning I was thinking that it’s been too many days since I’ve been the best tea shop ever, the Gramstand. I went in today and was pleasantly surprised to see that they are exhibiting the work of Doug Cowan. Doug was the recipient of an Art Out Loud Scholarship from last year’s Society of Illustrators Student Scholarship Competition. Art Out Loud is a series of science fiction and fantasy painting demo fundraisers that Dan Dos Santos and I host at the Society. Through the efforts of a number of sf/f artists, we have raised quite a bit of money for the Society’s scholarship fund.

Congrats, Doug!
(If you ever happen to see this!) Nice work. It’s great to see it out in the world so soon after college.

4 comments:

Pablo Defendini said...

I went to school with Doug. He's amazing. It's great to see that he's getting exposure!

Irene Gallo said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Irene Gallo said...

Hey Pablo - That's funny. Small world! Nice website, by the way. I hadn't seen it before. I love your book and poster work.

Anonymous said...

I like a game which you need use dofus kamas to play. If you want to be online to play this game, I can borrow kamasto you. When you have cheap kamas, and than you can go on this game. Of cause, when you are first to play, you can dofus gold. If you have enough buy dofus kamas
, you will be able to different games.