Sunday, November 19, 2006

Auctions

The Society of Illustrators is having its annual Student Scholarship Auction. All the paintings, sketches, and prints are donated by the artists, all of the proceeds are awarded to students during the Society's Scholarship exhibit. I'm reluctant to post about this auction since it is where I have bought most of my own collection...Promise you wont bid on my favorites!
Preview: November 28 - December 4Auction: Monday, December 4

For those with deeper pockets, the
Illustration House is holding it's fall auction. While I am not in a position to try my luck at the auction block, I still love to see the preview and attend the auction. Once sold, this work is unlikely to be on public display again.
Preview: Now - December 1 • Auction: December 2, 1:00 pm

Above: Gary Kelley's Art Out Loud painting will be on auction at the Society. Below: Mead Schaeffer on auction at the Illustration House. (This one breaks my heart...I so hope whoever buys this will keep it available for the world to see.)

6 comments:

David Apatoff said...

Thanks, Irene. Do you know if the Society will be posting all of the images for the auction? I'd sure like to see what those works by Fuchs and Payne look like.

Irene Gallo said...

Hi David,

Welcome back to the States!

The Society _should_ be updating the on-line auction preview...but I wouldn't bet the farm on it. If you see an artist listed that you'd like to check up on, I'd email them directly if I were you. It might (I hope) prod them to update more frequently.

Perhaps of interest to other readers:
I know that Vincent Di Fate and John Berkey are also listed as contributing but I do not see them on the preview. I'll try to track those down and then post them on the sf/f collectors site: The Illustration Exchange.

Arkady Roytman said...

You think i could get a sweet Upper East Side sugar-mama that is loaded with bling to marry me just in time for the Illustration House auction. ;P

Irene Gallo said...

Not if I get to her first!

Sorry Greg, but, just LOOK at that Mead Schaffer!...You understand.

Anonymous said...

That Schaeffer is so beautiful. What a great find. I went through and downloaded all of the images on the site from the past three auctions. There are some great pieces in there! Thanks for the heads up!

Charmingirl said...

Lingerie Wholesale Lingerie China Leather/PVC Lingerie Christmas Costume Christmas Lingerie Sexy Lingerie Wholesale Halloween Costume Wholesale Underwear Lingerie Manufacturer Sexy Uniform