Friday, December 08, 2006

Society in 3D!

I went to the opening of the Society's Third Biennale Dimensional Salon last night. I always look forward to this show -- it makes you want to run home and play!....Until you realize how hard it is. A bunch of years back I saw this show and promptly hired Red Nose Studio to do our Borribles trilogy. It's still some of my favorite cover art.

The show is the brain child
of Liz Lomax. I know how hard it is to start a show from the ground up so three cheers to Liz for keeping this show going. It just keeps looking better each time.

Red Nose took the gold medal this year. Congrats! I don't think he can walk into the Society without getting a medal thrown at him...but, you know, he really is that good. Melissa Ferreira had two great pieces in.
Tim Holter Bruckner, whose work I always look forward to seeing in Spectrum, had three sculptures in the show, all of them very cool -- especially the jack-in-the-box self portrait. Peter de Seve had a sculpt from Ice Age 2. I saw a lot of great work from people that I didn't know of, but I'm excited to look up. There is also a nice catalog that goes with the show explaining how the pieces are created. My only complaint is that neither the wall credits nor the catalog tell you who the client was or how the works were used.

LEFT ROW:
Melissa Ferreira with Arkady Roytman, Jon Foster, and Greg Manchess. Ferreira's work. Red Nose Studio, aka Chris Sickels. Liz Lomax.
RIGHT ROW: Tim Holter Bruckner's work. Red Nose's work. BOTTOM: More Red Nose.

No comments: