Saturday, February 10, 2007

Map of Dreams

Map of Dreams (from Golden Gryphon Press) is the best book I've read since Spaceman Blues. Beautiful, subtle, haunting...and surprisingly funny in parts. I can always tell when I really like a book -- I'm about 80 pages to the end and I keep coming up with excuses not to finish it. I just know that once I'm done I'll spend the next month starting half a dozen perfectly fine books and then putting them aside, complaining that they just aren't Map of Dreams.

Here is a Strange Horizons interview with the author, M. Rickert.

2 comments:

Millicent said...

This sounds really interesting.

Unknown said...

Is that a Thomas Canty cover? It's beautiful and reminds me of his stuff.

Thanks for the tip - I'm always looking for another great read to add to my queue.