Friday, July 21, 2006

Comic Con: Thursday continued

The artists seem to be doing well. I see lots of “sold” signs on paintings. The crowds have been steady...but promise to be better (or worse, depending on your point of view) on Friday and Saturday.


It was a pleasure to meet David Apatoff. David runs one of my favorite illustration blogs, Illustration Art. He seems to be as gracious as his site implies he would be. We talked a bit with Charles Vess and Greg Manchess. Charles seems very excited about the upcoming film version of Stardust. He seems pleased that the film makers have remained true to the spirit of the book. Greg will be doing a demo on Friday -- more on that latter.


I ran into Theo Black, Holly Black, and Tony Diterlizzi, of Spiderwick fame.


ConceptArt freinds: Arkady “AmishCommy” Roytman and Tiffany “poise” Prothero.


What convetionis complete without Elvis Trooper.

3 comments:

David Apatoff said...

Thank you, Irene but I feel compelled to inform your readers that you look nothing like your portrait at the top of your blog.

Irene Gallo said...

Ha! Well, I’m afraid that that is the beginning and end of my own artistic talent.

In high school I could draw...then I made the mistake of going to art school. ;-)

Anonymous said...

I like a game which you need use dofus kamas to play. If you want to be online to play this game, I can borrow kamasto you. When you have cheap kamas, and than you can go on this game. Of cause, when you are first to play, you can dofus gold. If you have enough buy dofus kamas, you will be able to different games.