Wednesday, November 07, 2007

Another Installment of Eating With the Art Department

There was a great convergence of artists in NY last night. John Jude Palencar was in town for the Society of Illustrators' annual exhibit judging, Greg Spelanka and Roxanne Villa were in town on their way to a lecture being given by Greg in Philly, Shaun Tan was in town doing a series of book signings between World Fantasy and a book fair in Mexico City, and Donato, well, he's always in town. And if you want a really really good meal in downtown NY, go to l'Ecole.

Shaun Tan will be signing books at:

Books of Wonder

Thursday, November 8, 5:00-7:00pm

18 West 18th Street, New York, NY


Greg Spalenka will be giving a lecture and having an opening reception:

University of the Arts in Philadelphia

Thursday, November 8

Lecture: 1:00-2:30

Reception 2:30-3:30

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I remember Greg speaking at my art school back in '91. He was informative and entertaining. I'll always remember how he used four letter expletives throughout his lecture. Obviously the students loved him, one of the profs, however, not so much. I'd watch her face after every F bomb. Good fun.

Kate Egan said...

Awesome. I go to UArts, so I'll definitely have to hit that up today.

Anonymous said...

Well, hopefully I cleaned up my act a little! What school was that at in '91? And who was the teacher?!
Yikes.
The talk at UArts went well except for a few KeyNote glitches. Good bunch of students.
And yes it was an awesome dinner with Irene and the gang!
Peace.