Saturday, November 10, 2007

IlluXCon

What are you doing this time next year?

It’s looking like this will be the science fiction and fantasy art event of 2008. Pat Wilshire, of The Illustration Exchange, is organizing a convention dedicated to sf/f artists and collectors. Four days of demos, symposium, and, I hope, a large amount of eating and talking at the bar. He’s capping the membership at 200 to insure intimate setting with lots of interaction between guests and attendees. The guest list is pretty great and it keeps growing. And it includes many people that you don't often see at conventions: John Jude Palencar, Ashley Wood, Rick Berry, Boris Vallejo, Julie Bell, Michael Kaluta, the Roy Krenkel estate, and many others.


IlluXCon
November 6-9th, 2008
Altoona, PA.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Thanks so much for giving folks a heads-up on this!! Got my pre-registration in, and I hope I make the cut!

Thanks, and love the blog!

xris said...

I am looking forward to attending IlluxCon but should I bring my own portfolio.

I would appreciate any advice.

Thank you very much.