Saturday, November 17, 2007

Three Rabbits

Three nice bunnies I've run across.

Shaun Tan:
From Shaun's picture book,
The Rabbits.This was the first image I saw Shaun's and I just fell in love with it. The book was shown to me many years ago by Jenna Felice, an editor at Tor who passed away tragically young. It was given to her, if memory serves, by writer Justine Larbalestier.

Cathie Bleck:
I believe this was a personal work in Cathie's wonderfully organic and sensuous book, Open Spaces. More on that
here.

Bill Carman:
I first ran across his Bill's work on Concept Art.org. His site is full of great work. It would be tough to narrow down but I think the top hatted crows in the drawing section are my favorites.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Irene,

I did indeed give it to her. Seems a long time ago now, doesn't it?

Justine

bill said...

Irene,

Bunnies are cool. You must have good taste. I was informed over the weekend that this painting won a gold medal from The Society of Illustrators 50 annual. Pretty great. No, really great.

Bill Carman

Lana Gramlich said...

Cool bunnies. Thanks for sharing.

Irene Gallo said...

Hey Justine - it does seem like a lifetime ago. So strange.

Bill - Congrats! I'll look forward to seeing the painting at the Society. Are you coming in for the awards ceremony?

bill said...

Thanks Irene. I think the ceremony is in March and I am planning to be there. It will be nice to meet you.

bill

Carl V. Anderson said...

That is one of the few Shaun Tan books I do not own and hope to snag one day. I know I can order it, but I keep looking for it in bookstores, hoping to have that illusive 'I've found it!' moment. He is amazingly talented.