Thursday, February 07, 2008

ArtCast

Tor Podcasting

The latest Tor podcast is a panel discussion on book covers with Lou Anders, John Picacio, Tom Kidd, Jacob Weisman, and yours truly. Recorded at the Saratoga Springs’ World Fantasy, November 2007. (Part 1 of 2. Part 2 will be posted next Thursday.)

I guess I should listen and remind myself what we said but, god, I hate hearing myself on tape.

I should also fess up and say, at one
point Jacob mentions that artists are not hired based on their best work but on their worst. I have since taken that as my own and have repeated it often. It's a great point to make to younger artists putting together a portfolio.

3 comments:

Chuck said...

Great talk !! Good to hear you on the cast, Irene..
also Tom Kidd.. Och, I'm such a big fanboy..!!

http://www.chucklukacs.com

John_Bivens said...

This was great to listen to, and now you have me thinking I need to really start using and abusing my membership to conceptart.org a lot more than I have been. Thanks

Irene Gallo said...

Thanks guys!