Tuesday, June 10, 2008

MicroVisions 3 Tease

Each year my friend, Dan Dos Santos, and I ask a handful of artists to create a 5x7 painting that we exhibit and auction, all proceeds going to the Society of Illustrators student scholarship fund. We hung this year's show this past weekend, and had a blast doing so, as a host of people showed up to say hi and help.

This year's auction will take place on eBay from Monday June 16th to Monday June 23rd.

Stay tuned! -- I'll post plenty of reminders along with full size images once the auction starts.

Thanks, once again, to this year's artists:

Daren Bader
Jason Chan
Erik Gist
Joe Jusko
Nic Klein
Todd Lockwood
Glen Orbik
Yuko Shimizu
Shaun Tan
Sam Weber

3 comments:

Tracy Flynn Art said...

I know I am being stupid in this, but r u going to post pics of the paintings here??????

Looking forwards to seeing them, especially Juskos and Darens.

Ya'll do good thangs and thats cool.

So thanks to you and Dan and all those who have contributed or helped!

Tracy

Bob Eggleton (Zillabob) said...

Ah...teasers! Looking forward to seeing the individual works. I so love small work. I have to tell you that my microvision work of two years ago, was an inspiration for my small blog paintings, in part. And I've sold like 85% of those so, it worked like Karma to donate something for a good cause and, this is truly a cause that's close to all artists. I always tell artists to donate to the causes we can and, what means the most with, what we do. We don't have to save the world,the whales or the seals-that takes care of itself-but donating time or a picture to something worthwhile comes back to you in spades later.

Irene Gallo said...

Tracy - Rest assured, I'll post them here once the auction is up. So that we can point people straight there. We're pretending to have some marketing savvy...we'll see if it makes any difference.

Bob - I'm so glad its worked out well for you. And thanks for being involved. I think any involvement helps the community as a whole.