Thursday, May 01, 2008

David Gallo's A Catered Affair

My local public radio station reminds me that my brother's latest show is up and I haven't bragged about it yet. By "my brother's" show, I mean he was the set designer on it. I've loved any number of his sets (because they are brilliant, of course) but this is one of my favorites. The structure is a plain white exterior of a NY apartment building. Projections transform it into series of interior and exterior environments...layering back and forth and often combining the two.



4 comments:

Christian Alzmann said...

those sets are really stunning!

Eric Braddock said...

wow that seems extremely complex, kudos to your brother, well done!

sblb said...

The set is a wonderful collaboration between David's moving scenery and Zachary Borovay's projections on that set.
Len and Sharon Borovay

Foster said...

WOW! He is so darn good! If only Hitchcock were still around, what a match they would be.

Jon