Monday, May 05, 2008

Speaking of Sam Weber, or, MicroVisions 3

I seem to be popular these past seven or ten days. Sam Weber and Dan dos Santos stopped by. Sam was dropping off his MicroVisions 3 painting, and it's to die for.

MicroVisions is a student scholarship fundraising auction. Each year, Dan and I ask a handful of sf/f artists to create a 5x7 painting. These are exhibited at the Society of Illustrators and then auctioned on eBay. 100% of the proceeds are put into the Society's scholarship fund.

(I really didn't mean to get into this but my fingers seem to keep typing...)

Seen here, MicroVisions 1 and 2. The third exhibit and auction will go up in June. A few paintings are done already. Once a few more are in, I'll start showing them off.

This year, our extremely generous crew includes:
Daren Bader
Jason Chan
Erik Gist
Joe Jusko
Nic Klein
Todd Lockwood
Glen Orbik
Yuko Shimizu
Shaun Tan
Sam Weber

5 comments:

Arkady Roytman said...

I was gonna beg you for a sneak peek, but it's hard to chose which one to see. I can't wait to see all of those.

ces said...

This is a wonderful endeavor Irene & Dan!

Kristina Carroll said...

Shaun Tan is submitting??? Jeeze. I'd almost rather win his art that the scholarship money.

Irene Gallo said...

Hey Arkady - I'll tart posting them soon enough.

Ces - Thanks! It' really fun to do. Basically, Dan and I just make a long list of artists whose paintings _we'd_ like to own. Of course, that makes for a sad day when we have to mail them all ut to the auction winners.

Kristina - I hear ya! He doesn't sell a lot of his work so this is a rare opportunity.

Unknown said...

How is it possible to follow the ebay auctions ? What date ?