Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Red Nose Studios: The Look Book

Red Nose is one of my favorite contemporary artists, so, I was very excited to get an email this morning alerting me to the release of The Look Book.

The Look Book is a charming peek into the lives of Ann and Ian, two siblings who leave the house one afternoon and see the world in unusual ways. The book combines stunning photographs of miniature scenes with dark wit and clever turns of phrase to create a delightful package.”

Chris Sickels, AKA Red Nose Studio, has more info on his blog, including sketches, here and here.

3 comments:

Carl V. Anderson said...

I'm so glad this is finally coming out. I did a Friday Favorites post on Red Nose long ago and was excited when I heard this book was coming out.

Anonymous said...

If anyone has the book, might want to leave a comment on Amazon. There's only one now and its really bad, from someone who didn't understand the premise. Was expecting a nice, kids book.

Irene Gallo said...

Wow - reading that review is actually funny when you know Red Nose’s work and understand that pictures aren’t just for kids. Frankly, he’s got me even more excited to get a copy.I wonder what that guy thinks of Edward Gorey? Hopefully anyone reading the review will realize he’s clueless.

And I love that Amazon recommends Shaun Tan based on LOOK BOOK. Tan is another beautiful-while-creepy artist.