Thursday, September 13, 2007

Twice Upon a Time, Again

Yes, I am obsessing over a movie I haven’t seen since I was 13.

A while ago I wrote a quick post about the animated feature Twice Upon a Time. Ward Jenkins was kind enough to alert me of an
article he posted on it. Interesting, if frustrating, read on trying to get this film back out on DVD. It includes many more stills than I’ve been able to find so far. Once again, it makes me really wish I could see this as an adult. Go check out the pretty pictures....And then scroll down a bit and see the awesome Coralline poster.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great film.
Just yesterday I asked an animator genius pal if she'd yet managed to find a copy.
She said she had, but it was too expensive for her...

-lee moyer

Nicola L Robinson said...

Wow. I need to see this film. I've heard about it too, but have yet to see it. Thanks for posting the stills/article.

Anonymous said...

Hi!

I'm from Hungary. I saw this film in the TV when I was about 10. It was a long time, nearly 20 years ago, and I haven't seen since, but it was a great experience to me.
Yeah, I have been working as a stop-motion animator for a long time...

Ok, not a high quality but ther is something:

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-2120572902430934061&q=twice+upon+a+time&total=193&start=0&num=10&so=0&type=search&plindex=0

Best wishes,

BK

Remo said...

Check the torrent search engines. The unedited HBO version has just resurfaced.

Justin said...

I have just remembered this movie and went looking around and found a copy with the original script on emule. I have currently burned it to a dvd and have watched it several times and loved each one. My kids have even become big fans of the movie.

Unknown said...

I second what Remo said. Also, the entire unrated version has been available on YouTube in several parts for several years.