Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Thumbnails: Adam Rex...errr, I mean, the Boov

Thumbnails: 30 Second Interviews

Adam Rex is one of the most versatile and talented people I know. Besides being an awesome painter, his childrens’ books, which he writes as well as illustrates, are hilarious. Last year I made a post about his Frankenstein Makes a Sandwich and thinking back on that book still makes me crack up.

Adam’s first novel, The True Meaning of Smekday, recounting the Boov alien invasion of Earth will be available in October. It’s meant for ages 9 and up but, if it’s at all like Sandwich, then adults are sure to love it. I’ve seen bits and pieces of it over the past year, mostly the picturey bits, and I'm very anxious to finally read the full book.

Smekday Website, including an excerpt and a puppet show. You can also check out Adam's blog, EditpusRex, for sketches, alternate covers, and other goodies.

I tried to get Adam to answer a few questions but J.lo the Boov seemed to have hijacked his computer.

Favorite painting you did in the past year?

What? I am more of a wallpaper person.


What are you working on now?
An escalator to the moon. For day trips. And a new kind of gelatin for wearing.

Dream assignment?

No, thank you. I was offered an assignment forwith the Dream
Division and I said "no." It is nothing but naked peoples and math tests, all the time.

What painting do you wish you painted?

This one is nice:



Most embarrassing illustration related moment?

A funny story! I had not noticed my illustration was undone and
everyones could see my poomp. Very embarrassing.

Advice to a young illustrator?

Hm. A hard question. It is no kind of business, to be an
illustrator and be paid only to cover people's poomps all day long. I would needs to know more things about this young illustrator of which you are talking. Does he have a very bad smell? In his early development did he grow too many legs, or not enough? His things could all be reasons one is forced to illustrate. I say to you, young illustrator: "Keep your head down and cover those poomps and one day then you may be promoted to Legtaster, or Stickyfellow."

Any other statement you'd like to make?

I have now a MySpace page! For netsworking!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Do you like playing the game where you need to use maple mesos, when you do not have mesos, you must borrow cheap mesos from friends, or you buy maplestory mesos. If you get maple story mesos, you can continue this game.

Anonymous said...

Girls get ready to make style statement with a pair of this Ugg Boots Rockstars. cheap ugg boots has brought for you this pair of studded boots to revamp your looks and appear stylish.
" polo shirts should look crisp and neat, and not baggy," comments Haarbauer. "A bright color will work well in the office and can easily transition to the golf course." A ralph lauren polo shirts can be one of the best investment pieces in a guy's wardrobe since they are so versatile;

Anonymous said...

polo shirtsLacoste polo shirtsralph lauren polo shirtsLacoste polo shirtscheap lacoste poloswholesale polo shirts