Thursday, March 19, 2009

Art Hugo Nominations

Congrats to all the Hugo nominees. Lots of friends on that list!

Since this is the Art Department, a special shout-out to the Professional Art nominees:

Dan Dos Santos
Bob Eggleton
Donato Giancola
John Picacio
Shaun Tan

And for Best Related Book: Spectrum 15. Congrats to Arnie and Cathy Fenner (and all the artists that make up Spectrum.)

Last year I kinda dropped the ball on doing nominee profiles. I'll make a better effort of it this year. Stay tuned...

3 comments:

ces said...

I thought Donato Giancola removed himself from being nominated since he'd already won. I read that Martiniere also removed himself.

True? False?

Congratulations to all of the nominees!

Irene Gallo said...

Donato removed himself last year because he wanted to stop the possibility of "momentum voting". He had won the previous two years but didn't want anyone voting for him out of habit. I remember him saying that he'd very very honored if he was nominated again after dropping out for a year....and, here he is!

It's a strong list!

ces said...

Thanks for the clarification Irene.

I agree - they are all strong pieces!