Friday, March 20, 2009

Visiting hours: Kurt & Zelda, Robert Hunt & Co.

Kurt Huggins and Zelda Devon stopped by the office. I've never seen two people more excited about the artwork on the walls.

Me: "This is a Ber..."
Zelda: "...NIE FUCHS! I know!"
Kurt: "Sandy Kossin. Wasn't he on Today's Inspiration recently."

This is why I keep most of the artwork I own in the office rather than my dark and tiny apartment.

And the best news, looks like Kurt and Zelda will be seen on the "pages" of Tor.com in the coming summer. They are awesome. You will love it.

And, I had the pleasure of having dinner and hanging out with Robert Hunt and his California College of the Arts class. A great group. Safe trip home, guys! Remember to look me up at the Tor booth at San Diego Comic Con.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Zelda and Kurt are infectious with their zeal!

Irene Gallo said...

They are! And Zelda has the only tattoo I've ever envied.

(Large and beautifully drawn octopus over her shoulder and down her arm.)

Kristina Carroll said...

You have Greg's new piece on your door right now???

Hmmm...maybe I need to come visit too. ;)

Anonymous said...

The group pic (2nd pic down) really looks like a remake of some Vietnam era platoon photo...sans fatigues and M-16s. Bunch of Art Operatives... very Cloak and Easel.

Anonymous said...

Watch out for K & Z....they're gonna sneek up and wow the heck out of ya with their secret artful ways! I see good things from these two. They're dangerous....

And those tattoos are beautiful.

Heeey...so THAT's where I put that painting....!!

Unknown said...

theyre really nice people who deserve their success

Eric Braddock said...

Good eye, Kristina! I didn't even notice that, I think I was too distracted by the expression on Kurt's face. heh..

Looking forward to seeing their work for Tor this summer, they have a fantastic style

Unknown said...

Whoa, Kurt, Zelda, Robt. Hunt and all. It looks like life is pretty darn good! Watch out for those Californians, there's gold in them thar illustrators!

cat said...

be entertained