Tuesday, March 10, 2009

MicroVisions 4, the line up

Dan Dos Santos and I have organized an auction the past three years called MicroVisions. It features ten to twelve 5x7 paintings, drawings, and sculptures with all proceeds going to the Society of Illustrators student scholarship fund. The first three editions totaled over $16,000.00 raised for the scholarship fund.

This is the first of many "thank yous" I want to express to this year's contributors....

Welsey Allsbrook
Volkan Baga
Chris Buzelli
Justin Gerard
Michael Kaluta
Greg Manchess
Paolo Rivera
Greg Ruth
Francis Vallejo
Michael Whelan

Each of these guys will produce a small work of art that we will auction via eBay late in April. I'll be updating as we go.

And Because somebody has to be first, here you can see Volkan Baga's beautiful little painting. I'm holding the original right now and it's a stunning shinny thing. (I say this every year but it doesn't make it any less true: my "pay off" is that I get to live with these wee paintings for a few weeks....Ok, that and meeting all the students at the exhibit and seing how excited they are.)

7 comments:

Eric Braddock said...

Nice line up, I'm excited to see the work.

Unknown said...

ChaChing! With this linup that's what you'll be hearing! Can't wait for the bidding to begin.

Kristina Carroll said...

weee! As a first timer IN the student show- thankyouthankyouthankyou!

Irene Gallo said...

kristina - Congrats! Its harder to get into the SI student show than any of the pro shows. 6,000 entries - 100 get in. Crazy competetion. Looking forward t the opening!

bill said...

when i first saw this i said, "why didn't she ask me" then i saw the line-up. you always seem to get an incredible group of artists and they are generous to boot. great cause, being a prof myself i guess i'm a little biased.

Irene Gallo said...

Bill - Careful what you wish for...you are now on our "To ask" list for next year. ;-)

bill said...

anything for you irene. and kristina, my guys have gotten in the last couple of years so i know how hard and what a great honor it is. congratulations.