Sunday, January 04, 2009

All the Art That's Fit to Print (and Some That Wasn't) Thirty years of New York Times Op-Ed Art

Looks like a trip to the bookstore is in order. All the Art That's Fit to Print (And Some That Wasn't) is a thirty year collection of New York Times Op-Ed drawings, including killed images and a forward by Ralph Steadman. Editor Jerelle Kraus has set up an extensive website for the book, including photographs, statements, and gallery. (Check-out this crazy artist list.)

"Unlike the gorgeous color illustrations that appeared in glossy magazines, our work was defined by short deadlines, low budgets and simple reproduction. This discipline taught us to whittle our imagery down to sharp points. We let authors dissect their subjects, stretching thought out in time. We tried to compress thought into space. The Op-Ed page was an experiment in form and content. Its success showed that if a picture is worth a thousand words, it’s worth more when an artist has something to say. "— Brad Holland

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for bringing this book to my attention!

There is a great Facebook app that the New Yorker magazine makes that loads editorial cartoons from their magazine onto your Facebook page. If you're on Facebook it may interest you. Just search for New Yorker in the app search. Thanks again.

cheers,
Chris Grayson
Art Director

Topher said...

This book looks fantastic! Yes, thank you for featuring it!

bill said...

can't wait to get this. nothing like smart black and white work.

Anonymous said...

I always heard something from my neighbor that he sometimes goes to the internet bar to play the game which will use him some LOTRO Gold, he usually can win a lot of Lord Of The Rings Gold, then he let his friends all have some buy LOTRO Gold, his friends thank him very much for introducing them the cheap Lord Of The Rings Gold.
I am so happy to get some ro zeny and the ragnarok zeny is given by my close friend who tells me that the iro zeny is the basis to enter into the game. Therefore, I should cheap zeny with the spare money and I gain some ragnarok online zeny from other players.

Anonymous said...

I always believe the angel is being and 12sky2 Gold . In fact, we all like listening to the songs of milk tea twelve sky2 Gold .
Generally speaking, I think is her voice very comfortable and mood of the story twelvesky2 Gold , We feel life bit by bit, looking forward the love belonging of the life feelings buy 12sky2 Gold , you will love milk tea like me, let us love her together and play cheap twelve sky2 Gold .
they are like me and tell me anything about them wakfu kamas, I know wakfu gold. one of my friend likes to go to play buy wakfu kamas, I can not stand praising the land and the nature wakfu money , It makes us to be wakfu kama.