Monday, January 05, 2009

Dorian Iten Step-by-Step

Dorian Iten, a student at last summer's Illustration Master Class, did one of my favorite paintings of the class. Of the five assignments, one choice was a plant-human hybrid. I shouldn't admit this but it was an assignment inspired by having the worst flu of my life while stuck in a hotel room at LunaCon...bad enough that I spent all night wathcing America's Next Top Model. (Hey, I was realy sick!) One of the photo shoots dressed the women up as flowers. Needless to say, the class did much more interesting things with the idea.

Dorian just posted an extensive step-by-step of his piece. If you check out hos website, you'll that he is a highly trained classical drawer, it was fun watching him take that disipline and paticence into the fantasy field.


REALTED: Illustration Master Class posts

3 comments:

Eric Braddock said...

Saw this posted up on conceptart the other day, lots and lots of steps included in the drop, it's fun to look through so it's definitely worth checking out. It's a really great piece, nie work Dorian!

mordicai said...

America's Next Top Model is brilliant, I gotta say.

Irene Gallo said...

Before Top Model, I watched a season's worth of Dance Crew and became a JabbaWockeeZ fan.

See, there's a reason I don't have tv in my apartment, I'm not to be trusted with the thing.