Thursday, January 15, 2009

Charles Vess and Neil Gaiman at Books of Wonder, mark your calendar

This is a can't-miss event. Charles Vess and Neil Gaiman will be doing a Blueberry Girl reading, signing, art show, slideshow, book launch party at Books of Wonder on March 7th.

From Charles' blog:

"
All of the original art will be on display and for sale, Neil will be there to read the text (and , one can only assume , other written delights) and I will be presenting a slide show discussing the visual evolution of his 18 line poem into a 32 page picture book."

I fortunate enough to
see a number of these paintings at ComicCon a few years ago and I'm very excited to see them again.

I started an event page on Tor.om with some details -- I'll add more as they are announced.

RELATED:
Charles Vess Society of Illustrators lecture
Charles Vess and Michael Kaluta: 1001 Nights of Snowfall

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Me and the girls are so psyched for this! We got to see a lot of the art when we visited, and it totally deserves all the attention.

I just hope the tickets are within price range- I really don't want to miss it.