Wednesday, July 09, 2008

Naomi Novik and Charles Ardai Book Launch Party

Naomi Novik and Charles Ardai, regency dancers and half a burlesque trope. What's not to love.

I just got back from Charles and Naomi's launch party for Victory of Eagles and Fifty-To-One, held at the Explorers Club. (Where I now realize I would like to live.) It was all too much fun, and ran much too late into the night, to report comprehensibly, except to say: it included a lot of great conversation with authors, editors, art reps, bloggers, readers, and book stores buyers; a polar bear and Peary's sleigh; Charles Knight and Tom Lovell paintings; and the always great Indian food at Agra.

6 comments:

ces said...

Who did the covers?

I haven't read any of Naomi's books yet, but on the recommendation of John (Picacio) at this year's NorWesCon, I did buy the first 4 in the series. They're in my "To Read" stack, to which Daniel Abramoff's "Autumn War" will be added July 22.

Eric Braddock said...

that Victory of Eagles cover illustration is so nice. I'm enjoying the dragon emblem :)

innisart said...

I'm guessing here, but I think Victory of Eagles was Todd Lockwood and the other was Glenn Orbik.

Anthony Schiavino said...

Charles is one of the nicest guys I've met in publishing.

Irene Gallo said...

Innis - half right! Troy Howell and Glen Orbik.

Anthony - so very true. Charles is 100% genuine.

Ian T. Kirkpatrick said...

I didn't know Naomi was coming out with another Temeraire book! Awesome, I'm definitely gonna have to pick that up. The cover is great!